Friday, August 7, 2009

My New Home!

I finally got moved into my new apartment on Monday, August 3rd. I am still unpacking and boy has it been an experience.

My insurance company hired ServPro to come in and pack my things and take them to their facility for cleaning and restoration. They were there quickly and I have no problem with that. However, when it came time to have my things delivered to my new home it was a completely different matter.

They were very professional when it came to delivering my things on time and getting them into the apartment quickly. The packing however was total chaos! My good china was in a dozen different boxes. Some were marked bedroom, some bathroom, some office equipment and even one was marked kitchen. I was surprised nothing was broken. I still haven't found the lid to my soup turine. The cordless phone I had in my living room was in three different boxes. The handset was in with the china, the base was in with living room nick nacks and the cords were in the electronics box. To top it all off my clothes, shoes, bed linens and bath towels were not even delivered. When I called to find out why they said that they were sent to a different company for cleaning and would be delivered next monda. Until then I had to borrow sheets for the bed from a friend and go buy new bath towels so I wouldn't have to drip dry after my shower.

How is that for an experience. It wasn't stressfull enough that I was forced from my home due to someone elses carelessness but then I had to deal with this. Let me tell you I let my insurance adjuster know what I thought and I let ServPro know also that I was not a happy camper. I pray I never have to go through this again. And that no one else I know will have to go through it either.

Gotta go for now.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment