Thursday, July 30, 2009

My New Home!

Well, it looks like I will be moving into my new apartment next Monday. I can't wait. I will miss Julie, of course, but I guess I am just used to being alone and so is Julie. It will be nice to get settled again. I feel like I have been in limbo for the past month. Julie has been wonderful and we get along great but it still isn't my home, if you know what I mean. Jan told me that she is taking Monday as a personal day so that she can help me get moved in. Isn't that the sweetest thing? I just love her for that. Her mother lives in the same building that I am moving into so she can check on her mother as well as helping me out tremendously. I am blessed to have caring friends like that. I have a job and I am basically healthy, except for the arthritis, but that's another story.

I have also decided to make a nutritional life change once I am settled into my new home. My arthritis in my knee and hips is getting so bad that I can barely walk when I get up after sitting for a while. There are some nights that the pain wakes me up in the middle of the night it hurts so bad. The doctor has already mentioned a hip replacement and a knee replacement. With the medical bills and the economy the way it is there is no way that I can have that kind of surgery. I have already had one knee replaced back in 2006 and I am still paying the bills. Of course I have insurance but that only covers 70% of the bill plus I have a $1200.00 deductible that I would have to pay. With the wages I earn there is no way that I can work that into my budget at this time. Therefore, losing weight, and a lot of it, will benefit me beyond measure. Of course I have a great deal of weight to lose. Over 170lbs to be exact. That is what I will need to lose to get down to my ideal weight. I am no longer twenty something which means that it will take me much longer and with a very slow metabolism it will be even more difficult. Being over fifty years old doesn't make it any easier either. But I am motivated and I really need to do this.

I realise that losing weight will not cure all of my ills nor will it turn my life into a fantasy, but it will help my self esteem as well as the medical ramifications. I would join Weight Watchers again but right now I can't even afford that so I will just surf the net for low fat and low calorie recipes. If you have any please fell free to e-mail them to me. I would greatly appreciate them.

It is time for me to say good bye for now. I will keep you all in my prayers.


Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment