Friday, July 17, 2009

My first blog!!!

Dear Friends,
This is my first try at blogging. I have been wanting to start a blog for quite a while now and have finally started.
Here is a little about myself: I am a 52 year old widow that lives in Greenville South Carolina. I enjoy reading and watching movies. My favorite authors are Nora Roberts and Linda Howard. I also like Sherrilynn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series.
I also love to write. I have written several poems that I will share with you from time to time and I have also written a 100,000 word manuscript that I am trying to get published. I am still looking for an agent at the moment

This year has not been good to me so far. The fates are testing me and my sense of humor I think. On the 2nd of January a very dear friend of mine passed away at the age of 58. On January 7th my step father whom I loved dearly also passed away. Then in March my father passed away after a long illness. As they say bad things come in threes. Well, for me so far, it has come in fours. Over the July 4th weekend, the apartment building that I have lived in for six years caught fire at 2:30 in the morning and now I am forced to intrude on a friends hospitality until another apartment comes available next month.

I truely hope the rest of this year starts looking up. I have tried to maintain the philosophy that there are those who are worse off than I am. At least I still have a job that I love and have been at for nearly 14 years. The friend that I am staying with lost her job nearly 2 months ago and is still looking.

I have so much more to write but I think I will save it for another time.

To all of my loved ones, may the sun always shine on your face and the rain make your flowers grow.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. Kit Kat Honey ~
    I am just catching up on my email and am reading your first blog - too sad. I am so very, very sorry to hear of the passing of your Dads. I didn't know your Dad but sure loved your Step Dad - he was so kind, fun and generous. I'll never forget our big family dinner at Joe's Crab Shack so many years ago now. I hope You, Connie and the rest of the family are doing ok. My sympathies to all. XXOO & Love, Randi

    ReplyDelete