Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I love the south!!!

I moved to South Carolina in July of 1995 from Indiana. I must say that I have never regretted the move. I had never lived in the south before and never even visited South Carolina before the move. When we arrived in Greenville, the weather was hot and sultry. I could see the mountains in the distance shrouded in a light gray mist that I could almost feel. And the green of the area was so bright it looked animated. The best part of arriving in Greenville was the feeling I got in my heart and in my stomach when we crossed the North Carolina/South Carolina boarded. I felt like I had finally come home. I grew up in Indiana, graduated from high school there. I moved to Pennsylvania where I lived for over twelve years and I even spent a few months in Florida, but I had never in my life felt that feeling of coming home. Of belonging, until I came to Greenville South Carolina.

Most of the people I have met are friendly and hospitable. There are those of course, who are still fighting "The war of northern aggression" and make no bones about letting "Yankees" know just how they feel. But all in all, I love the south. I can almost say "y'all" like a native!

That's it for now. I just wanted to let you know that being in the south is not synonymous with stupid. There are many very intellegent and talented people born and bred in the south.

Good luck and may you always look for the best in any situation no matter how dyer.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment